Pages

Monday, 7 August 2017

Test knits

Tap, tap, hello? Anybody home?
I know it's been months! I started the year off with a plan to at least post some finished knits at the end of each month but we'll that never happened!  Well let's just say that with 3 kids under 6 life tends to get in the way. 😀

Anyway,  to ease myself back in to things I thought I'd share some test knits I've done over the last month or two.

First up Bowline by Tin Can Knits.

Pattern:  Bowline by Tin Can Knits.
Size: 1-2 years
Yarn: Rico Essential Aran Soft Merino in Cinnamon (Colourway 65)
Yarn amount: 150 g/ 300 m

This sweater is knit in the round from the bottom up and uses a textured garter rib feature on the chest and back as well as on the hem and cuffs. The pattern itself offers good value for money as sizes go from 0-6 months up to 4XL. Many testers, myself included, found that they needed to add extra length to the sleeves and body. I knit the 1-2 years size and added an extra inch to the body and sleeve lengths.  Mr C isheading for 2 but I based this on intial chest measurements(and the fact that my kids tend to grow up quicker than out) but there wasn't as much ease in the finished knit as I expected.  Plus he had a massive growth spurt mid knit so the finished sweater just about fit. It's now in the gift pile.

Next up a super quick free pattern from Kelly.

Pattern:  Wee Morrie by Kelly Van Niekerk
Size: nb
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Rialto Dk in Banana (colourway 57)
Yarn amount: 23 g/ 48 m


Super cute and quick baby bonnet. Cast on at the front edge and worked flat until the crown decreases. The I cord ties are added separately. And there is a matching cardy, Wee Ashley, if you want a cute coming home set for a baby in your life. Another one for the random baby knits looking for an owner pile 😄.

I promise to try not to leave it another months until  my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment