Pages

Wednesday, 4 January 2017

New year Yarn Along


For the first yarn along of 2017 I'm sharing a wonderful children's book. Blueberry girl by Neil Gaiman was given to Miss S by her Auntie E for Christmasand we have been reading it a lot ever since. This poem is a prayer for what every parent wishes for their little girl. Both the writing and illustrations are beautiful. While it's not a typical rhyming fairy tale for children and some of it may go over the head of my 3 yo the sentiments are beautiful and it will be enjoyed by children of all ages. I'd definitely recommend it for your daughter,  niece, granddaughter or any special girl in your life.

On the knitting front I'm almost finished the secret test knit, just one more row and cast off. I'll  share more when the pattern is released in February or March. 

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous knitting bag! Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds wonderful and perfect for my two girls. I think I will look at getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are enjoying the book! I'd been looking for that for a while now. I really enjoy Neil Gaiman's kids books (crazy hair is probably my favourite of all)

    ReplyDelete