Pages

Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Yarn Along

It's been a hectic few weeks. Mr C turned 1 on Friday and Mr A turned 5 yesterday.  Time is going too quickly and they're growing so fast that if I stop to think about it I can almost not catch my breath. We had a joint birthday party for them at the weekend. It was mostly family and Mr A had a few friends over. Between the marathon baking session the day before, then having 14 adults, 2 preteens and 8 kids (6 of whom are very energetically enjoying every thing) in our small house, I'm just about recovered.

I'm just finishing up The story of a new name by  Elena Ferrante. It's the second volume in the Neopolitan stories. Lila is now married and appears trapped while Elena is trying to discover who she is and what she wants from life.   Their paths continue to diverge and converge and while their relationship is complex they still remain friends.

I haven't knit much in the last few weeks but I'm just casting on a pair of socks for himself. It's becoming a bit of a tradition for me to knit him socks for Christmas. He picked out the yarn in Dublin in May for my birthday. We had a bit of time to spare between going to see the Leonardo da Vinci exhibit at the National Gallery and dinner so we popped in to This is Knit so I could have a browse. While we were there he suggested that he pick out the yarn for his Christmas socks and who was I to say no? 





1 comment: