Pages

Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Yarn Along

I'm reading two books at the moment. Disclaimer by Renee Knight and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl.
Disclaimer is an intriguing and well written thriller. Shortly after moving house the main character,  Catherine, comes across a novel on her bedside table. Nothing too surprising for her. However, when she begins to read it she discovers that the main protagonist is her and it is telling the story or a dark part of her life that she has kept secret for the past 20 years. I'm caught in the dilemma of wanting to read it as fast as possible so that I can find out what happens but also wanting to slow down as I've a feeling I'll be disappointed to have it finished. I generally don't reread thrillers as I know what happens but I think I'll reread this one, maybe in 6 months or a year's time, long enough for me to forget the finer details of the story. I highly recommend it!
I'm reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to the kids. Mr A and Miss S really like both versions of the movie and they are now at and age that they can concentrate enough to listen to  couple of chapters of a book. I loved all of Roald Dahl'sbooks when I was a child and kept them all to enjoy again as an adult and to share with my children. The copy I'm reading from was given to me by my parents for Christmas about 30 years ago. Not surprisingly, my kids enjoy them too and want me to read just a little bit more several times a day. They are the kind of children's book that continue to be enjoyed kids of all ages and generations!


I don't have much knitting on the go at the moment. I finished Milly monkey for Miss S last night and tucked it in beside her for when she woke in the morning. She went down well and has been a constant companion today.

Today I plan to add pockets to her plain tunic dress. I haven't done this before but I have plan and it shouldn't be too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment