Pages

Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Yarn Along Wednesday

I missed yarn along last week but I'll tell you about what I was reading last week as well as what I'm currently today.
Last Wednesday my Mam and I took the kids to Wells House. The kids had a great time in the playground and at the pet farm. The fairy woodland walk was magical for us all.

We even met the gruffalo and the gruffalo's child.


Last week on the recommendation of my cousin I read O Pioneers by Wila Cather. It tells the story of a young Swedes immigrant Alexandre Bergson as she tries to tame the prairie of Nebraska and make something of the farm that her dying father left to her. Something about it evoked Steinbeck works so I think if you enjoy his works you'll also enjoy O Pioneers!.

This week I'm reading a book recommended by a friend. Me before You by Jojo Moyes is about Louisa who is an ordinary girl living an ordinary life in a very ordinary town. When she looses her job in the local cafe she takes on a job looking after Will who is quadriplegic after an accident. Will is moody and acerbic but Louisa refuses to treat him with kid gloves. I've been really enjoying it so far. It's at times poignant and also quite funny. My friend did tell me that if I was going to read Me Before You I would need to have some tissues nearby. I haven't needed them so far but I'm only half way through. 



On the knitting front, I'm just starting another test knit for Jessica, that's what the blue yarn is for. I've just finished the yellow crown and the white yarn will be attached to it so Miss S can complete her Queen Elsa ensemble! I'll let you know how it turns out.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed me before you, it was a nice story! lovely projects you have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie Me before you is great too! I really cryed!

    ReplyDelete