Pages

Wednesday, 29 June 2016

Yarn Along

I haven't done much reading this week but I'm still dipping in and out of The Doctor's case by Dr Maurice Gueret.  Mr A has had me read from The Complete Adventures of Curious George at least once everyday this week, especially his favourite of Curious George goes to hospital which I'm well on the way to being able to recite! 
I've recently started a little tunic/dress for Miss South.  The pattern is Plain Tunic from Sweet Pickles. I'm knitting the main body of the dress which is just a lot of stocking stitch which is giving me plenty of opportunity to look through the book and draw up a queue of projects I want to knit from this book! The subtitle is 27 Adorable Knits for Babies and Toddlers and that is most certainly the case. All the designs are just a bit different to the run of the mill children's patterns but still practical and comfortable for kids.  It's a good mix of accessories and garments, with projects ranging from plain old garter and stocking stitch to colour work and brioche stitch, so something for every knitting mood. Each project is also given a skill level rating. Definitely a book I'd recommend for a knitter with kids (or the possibility of kids) in their lives.


P. S: don't forget to check out Ginny'so blog, the link is on the sidebar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment