Pages

Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Yarn Along

Just a quick post for yarn along Wednesday. I'm still working on my Harvest sweater. I had hoped to be finished or very nearly finished by today but then the kids got sick. Three sick kids means very little knitting time. Only for the fact that we try to just use cloths and handkerchiefs I'm pretty sure I'd be at risk of being buried under a mountain of tissues and paper towels and there would be some forest somewhere under threat. I've just had to deal with a massive increase in washing to be done. My washing machine has definitely been earning its keep the last 3 or 4 days and I'm very thankful that we are having marvellous sunny weather so everything is dried fast (and smells wonderful) and I don't have to use the tumble drier. I'm hoping we're coming through the other side.

I've just started The Blue Guitar by John Banville. It follows the story of Oliver Orme,  ex painter and petty thief over the course of one year. I don't usually like books told in the first person (not sure why), however while the book hasn't really gripped me in a 'can't put down' kind of way, John Banville has created such a fascinating character that I just want to find out more about him. I suspect three sick kids is also impacting my enjoyment of the book so far. 
Don't forget to hook up with Ginnys blog for more yarn along fun, the link is on the side bar.


2 comments:

  1. I hope your kids get better quickly so you can finish your sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I think (or hope) we're over the worst of it now. I've even managed to get about half of the second sleeve done!

      Delete