Pages

Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Yarn Along Wednesday

So what am I up to today? Well yesterday when I was at my parents house my mam was sorting through her yarn, throwing out all those little bits and pieces of yarn that were all tangled up and bagging up some to donate to the local charity shop. In the middle of it all I rescued some garter stitch squares. I'm going to sew them together to make a dolls blanket for Miss S. I might even stretch and use my limited crochet skills to add a border!
While there I raided my parents bookshelves and picked up a new book to read. The Doctor's Case by Dr Maurice Guerret is a very witty book of anecdotes from his medical career. I have long enjoyed his column in the Sunday Independent newspaper and this collection of his musings and stories has so far not let me down.
Both of my parents worked in the medical world, my mother as a midwife and later a geriatrics nurse and my dad as a hospital orderly/porter, so I grew up hearing these kind of stories which is probably why I enjoy the book so much.
Don't forget to check out Ginny's Blog.

1 comment:

  1. The squares will make a cute doll blanket. Great idea. Good luck with the crochet border. I have no idea how to crochet :)

    ReplyDelete