Pages

Thursday, 16 June 2016

Birthday Bunting

Since Mr A had his first birthday I've been wanting to make a happy birthday banner. Much nicer than the usual foil ones that can be found in the party section of shops and of course reusable! Four and a half years later I finally got around to making one just in time for Miss S's 3rd birthday.
First up I cut out a card triangle template. The base of the triangle was about 6.5 or 7 inches. Using this and a pinking blade on my rotary cutter I cut out 28 triangles from some balloon fabric I had in my stash. 
I cut out the letters in felt and used double sided fusible interfacing to fix them to a triangle before sewing them down.
I then sewed a second triangle to the back with wrong sides together so that the bunting had a bit more substance. You could add a layer of interfacing between to make them stiffer but I didn't bother.

I tidied up the edges a bit to try and have each of the triangles pretty much the same size before joining them together using some cotton twill tape that I folded in half, inserting each triangle into the fold.

Difficult to get a photo of the finished bunting but the washing line came to the rescue 😀.

For those of you who read my last post, the squares have been joined together! I added a very simple crochet border, two rows of single crochet, as I felt it needed something to finish it off. I finished it up as I was putting the kids to bed last night and Miss S wrapped it around a dolly and snuggled her in beside her. Today its keeping Miss Polly,  Tilly and Elsa warm in their pram. I think they're pleased.



No comments:

Post a Comment