Pages

Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Yarn Along

A couple of the blogs I follow participate in a Yarn Along, where every Wednesday you share a photo of what you're knitting and what book you're reading. As I like to do both I thought I'd join in. I can't guarantee a post every Wednesday but I'll try.
Today I spent some time working on a new cowl design. I'm almost finished the longer version and hopefully I'll have the pattern released in the next couple of weeks.
I recently started "Fallen" by Lia Mills . It's this year's pick for the Dublin: One City, One Book Festival. An appropriate  choice given that it's the centenary of the 1916 Rising.
The story is centred around Kate Crilly, whose brother is killed in 1915 fighting for the British Army in WW1. The following year on her brothers anniversary Dublin is engulfed by he violence of the Easter rising and Kate finds herself torn by conflicting loyalties and emotions. It's one of the many Rising themed books released this year (and the last few months of 2015) to capitalise on the Rising centenary- to be expected I guess. I've read several of the nonfiction releases but this is the first from the fiction category. I'm enjoying it so far and would recommend it.
You can find Ginnys blog here and Jessica here.

No comments:

Post a Comment