Pages

Wednesday, 5 August 2015

Sewing

In the last few weeks I tackled a few sewing projects.
First up is a quilt for the little lady. All the fabric I used came from stash so at 180 X 180 cm finished size it made use of quite a bit of my limited fabric stash. I choose fabrics to make it quite girly but at the same time, I didn't want it to be so childish that she wouldn't want to use it when she's older. I'm very happy with how it turned out. Now I need to make one similar for the little man. The one I first made him is much smaller and while he still loves it and uses it a lot, I would like to have one that will fit his bed better.

                                                


She was also the lucky recipient if a new dress. She was very impressed by this, mainly get a use it had pockets! She loves dresses but also loves mucking about with her big brother so having pockets was a great detail. The pattern is by Burda and was very very simple to follow and assemble.  Based on the height measurements I made the size 3. However I did find the length still a bit short. It'll still work well over leggings though. Next time I'll add extra length or a ruffle at the end so there's a little more growing room. 

Last up, a couple of bookmarks using up some scraps of fabric. These have winged their way to Patricia in Kansas as part of a swap in the Itty Bitty group on Ravelry. I hope she gets good use out of them. They didn't take long to make and I definitely will be making more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment