Pages

Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Doris

I'm back with another test knit or rather two. Again they're designed by Kelly Brooker.First up is My Aunt Doris is a pretty little cardigan. It has a round yoke, lace fronts and elbow length sleeves. The lace is a very pretty and very simple (read easily memorised) design but really gives the cardigan an even more girly feel. 

The pattern instructions were very clear and it's  written for 16 sizes (newborn to 10 years). It calls for DK yarn and as I've been mostly knitting from stash the amount of DK I have is fairly limited by now but I was lucky enough to find some Cushendale yarn in Haw which as I'd planned on this being the little lady's Christmas cardy was perfect!

I knit the 52.5 cm (apprx 18-24 months) size and used 164 g (328 m).


The second pattern was a matching hat, Dainty Doris. It's written for 3 yarn weights (fingering, DK and worsted) in 7 sizes. It incorporates the lace design from My Aunt Doris and can be knit as a beanie or slouch.

I knit the 45 cm size beanie in DK and used the yarn I had left over from the cardy. It took just 35 g (70 m) and is just adorable.

The hat was designed by Kelly for the Red Riding Hood Yarns 2014 Winter Yarn Club and it's description is beyond perfect - 

"The 1950’s woman effortlessly blended femininity and practicality to create a style unlike any other in the 20th century. Dainty Doris mimics the talent of those 50’s women; a beanie or slouch with elegant lace, simple enough for a time-poor housewife and mama to whip up."

That's everything that this hat is!


The patterns aren't released just yet but they should be coming in Spring 2015 so keep watch!





No comments:

Post a Comment