Pages

Friday, 25 July 2014

Pretty as a Picture

A little while back my friend Kerry sent me a surprise parcel in the post with a sweater and t-shirt for the little lady and little man but also some fabric and a book of patterns for me. The book was Handmade Beginnings by Anna Maria Horner. Leafing through it my eye was immediately drawn to the "Pretty as a Picture" dress and decided to make it for the little miss. I've been meaning to try sewing some clothes for a while (especially kids clothes as their small) but have been a bit daunted by it. I figured that this would be a good project to jump in with.

A couple of weeks ago I got time to cut out the pieces and yesterday I finally got them sewn together. The instructions in the book were laid out clearly step-by-step, so perfect for a beginner like me. It may not be perfect but I'm quite proud of the result as I've never sewn a garment before.


Little lady seems happy with the result too!



No comments:

Post a Comment