Pages

Saturday, 31 May 2014

New addition to the dinner menu

I tried out this recipe for dinner tonight and served it with some spinach on the side. It was very yummy even the kids enjoyed it.
I halved the amount of salmon and only used 300 ml cream and milk (about two thirds cream, one third milk). I also used slightly less pasta, about 140 g. There was plenty for the 4 of us even with the quantity adjustments.
Nigel Slater is one of my favourite chefs. His style is very down to earth and simple, and of course tasty. While, I do love Michel Roux Jr, with 2 small kids, I don't think Michelin star haute cuisine will ever be produced in my kitchen. So when I'm looking for something new to try or have a particular ingredient that needs to be used soon Nigel Slater and Mary Berry are the cooks whose recipes I turn too. I always find something that's a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment