Pages

Wednesday, 30 April 2014

All for Lea

I've just released a new pattern with a very special background. 

Lea and her husband Sterling are active members of the Itty Bitty Knitters group on Ravelry and I consider them to be friends of mine (online at least!). Towards the end of last year Sterling made the announcement that Lea was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia and was in for quite a battle. Of course the call went out for funky hats, socks, shawls etc that could be little Random Acts of Kindness that would keep her cozy during her treatment and stays in hospital and of course remind her that there were many knitters out there that were sending her all the extra strength she was going to need during this fight. 

And so I decided to knit a hat and sat down to think about a special design especially for Lea. I had a look in my stash and came up with some oddments of Debbie Bliss Rialto DK that were lovely and soft and well if they were soft enough to use on a baby hat then they were definitely soft enough to keep a post chemo head warm. So stripes were in order but stripes can be a bit boring so I decided some texture needed to be added and so All For Lea was born. I've written it up for a range of sizes from 0-6 months up to Adult Large. I hope you enjoy it.

From now until the end of May the profits from the sale of All For Lea will be donated to the Irish Cancer Society.


P.S: That's my wonderful niece Laura modelling the hat in my garden way back in chilly January. The honeysuckle behind her is now covered in leaves and just about to flower. You can see the progress in the background of the photo of himself modelling Rathcoran in March and me modelling the Little Pines hat in April. Isn't nature and Spring wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment