Pages

Tuesday, 28 January 2014

It's a mystery!

I've been participating in a few mystery KAL's since the beginning of the year and been really enjoying them.

First up Fuego MKAL. I made this for my brother in Malabrigo worsted. The colour way is Paris Nights. It didn't take the full skein maybe only around 60 g (I need to wigh how much I have left). I omitted the pom pom from the top too. I had to guess the sizing on it a bit but he received it in the post last week and it fits perfectly! After being used as a sizer himself has now requested his own one. Thankfully I have another 2 skeins of this colourway left in my stash so this will be another project to use some more up.


Next Follow Your Arrow Mystery KAL by Ysolda. This is a lovely mystery shawl pattern. Two options to follow each week so plenty of variations to choose from. I'm a bit behind on this, Clue 3 came out yesterday and I've only just started clue 2!! This photo was taken while I was about half way through clue 1! I'm using some Dublin Dye Company Lace weight held double. It's lovely and soft and in a really nice blue-y/lavender shade. My sis-in-law gave it to me for Christmas about 3 years ago (!!) so it's nice that it's being used at last! Although hand winding 1200 m of lace weight into 2 balls was a bit of a marathon! Thankfully himself got me a swift for Christmas which made the job a bit easier!

Finally, a pair of mystery socks. Again I'm a week behind. I haven't started clue 2 and clue 3 is out tomorrow!! I'm not stressing about it though. The yarn is All For Love of Yarn Lublu Sock in Poppy Red. 

I'm enjoying my mystery knitting when I have time to potter away at it. New job and kids have been keeping me busy but that's a good thing too!

I'll be back soon with some FO's.


No comments:

Post a Comment