Happy new year!
I've been trying my best to work on some of the WIPs left over from 2012 and having finished Benny just before New Years I picked up my Quaker Ridge Shawlette. This was started way back in September as part of the KAL on the itty bitty knitters group on Ravelry. I had maybe 2.5 pattern repeats and the ruffle left to finish so I worked steadily on it over the next few days and finally cast off on January 1st! My first finished project of 2013!! So most of the knitting was done in 2012, in my mind it still counts! lol! I used a little over 2 skeins of Spud and Chloe Fine in the Wildberries colourway. I knew I was coming close to finishing the second skein so I skipped a one of the ruffle rows, guessing that would give me enough yarn to finish without going into the 3rd skein. I was wrong! I ran out of yarn with about 80 stitches left to cast off. I only briefly thought of ripping back but havin just cast off 400 odd stitches I just couldn't face into that again so I broke intot he 3rd skein all for 5 g of yarn! It came up lovely after a good bath in Soak and a light blocking and has been keeping my neck warm ever since.
On Sunday, as is tradition, the Christmas tree and decorations were taken down and put away for another year. The little man woke from his nap in time to help tidy up.
Lastly, I thought I'd share a bit of embroidery that I finished up on Sunday. I don't do a lot of embroidery, just a bit here and there when the mood takes me, which probably explains why this has taken me the guts of 3 years to finish!! It was been waiting for a few French knots to be placed for it to be finished for nearly a year now .... that's how much I dislike doing French knots. I'm self thought so I always find the knots fiddly and they never really turn out very neat. I know if I actually practiced them more instead of hiding the project for months on end hoping that they'll magically appear I would get better. Himself, was impressed enough to want to hang it somewhere and spent a little while picking a spot before hanging it on the utility room door so it can be seen in the kitchen. The photo was taken late Sunday evening so the lighting/colour isn't great but you get the idea.