Pages

Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Swap days 22, 23, 24 and 25!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! We had a wonderful one. Santa came and was good to us all. 

So to the last days of the Advent swap.....

Day 22 brought a very cute washcloth. The lighting here this time of year is fairly pants but the pattern shows a snow scene with a little house and tree. While on Day 23, I got two more skeins of Araucania Itata Solid. This time in a beautifully clear blue. I can't wait to try this out.







Day 24, brought something very special. A while back, while we were all preparing our swap packages and chatting about our progress, Mel (womaninashoe on rav) asked what our favourite Christmas song was. Mine is "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" sung by Judy Garland. It has always been a favourite but it has become even more special to me. Five years ago on Christmas morning, himself proposed (he even picked the ring himself!!). He had this song playing in the background because he knew I liked the song. He'd never admit it but he is a bit of a romantic! Well when I opened my present for the day, I couldn't help but smile. Janet remembered my little story and had packed up a Judy Garland Christmas ornament which sings "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas"!!! 



And so to the last day of the swap. Christmas morning's present was supposed to be something extra special, and this most certainly was! For me Janet sent a fantastic felted knitting bag which is already in use! But she really out did herself when it came to the little man. She sent 8 more knitted blocks which along with the A block she sent way back on Day 1 spells out his name. I am still amazed at how much work she put into them! Thank you so much Janet for making this such a fantastic swap!



No comments:

Post a Comment