Pages

Sunday, 2 December 2012

On the first day of advent.....

I'm taking part in another swap with the Itty Bitty Knitters group on Ravelry. This swap is a bit different than the usual swaps. It's advent themed so we get a little present to open each day from December 1st to 24th and then something a bit more special to open on the 25th! My swap partner is Janet (linnetknits on rav) and she has sent me lots of amazing presents to open over the next few weeks.

Yesterday, being December 1st I got to open my first present, or in this case presents as Janet had split it into 2 parts. The first one was a partridge in a pear tree hotpad and recipe card set along with a holly leaf cookie cutter!! The second was a beautiful knitted colourful block for the little man. He gave it a good smoosh when I gave it to him and was playing with it most of yesterday.



I used the cookie cutter yesterday evening to whip up a batch of holly leaf butter cookies. 

On the second day of advent my SP sent to me...... two turtle doves!!!
Janet sent me two beautiful white dove decorations for my Christmas tree! I know they will look great on the tree when I get around to putting it up. We usually put it up on December 8th but I'm thinking of holding off a week as it'll mean little man will have less time to try pull it down but we'll see I might just give in next weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment