Pages

Monday, 31 December 2012

2012

Way back in June I started this guy as part of a mystery kal in the Knitted Toys group on Ravelry.  He has been hibernating since July but once the Christmas knitting was out of the way I took him back up again and finally finished him!!! This will more than likely be my last FO of 2012.


Overall, I think 2012 was a successful knitting year, considering I had a new baby and now toddler in my life. My finished projects include:


  • 14 toys of various sizes.
  • 6 pairs of socks (ok so 3 pairs were for babies but they still count!).
  • 1 tea cozy.
  • 8 dishcloths.
  • 9 hats.
  • 1 baby cardigan.
  • 1 waistcoat for little man.
  • 1 jumper for little man.
  • 1 Christmas ornament.
  • 1 shawl.
  • 2 headbands.
  • 2 cowls.
  • and one other small project that must remain a secret for another while.
That's 48 FOs if my maths are correct!

I've only 3 WIPs left on the needles, which isn't so bad.
1. My quaker ridge shawlette which I started back in September as part of another kal and then put into hibernation again in October is back out of the basket! I'm half way through the 7th repeat, so only one repeat left and then the ruffle. Hopefully, I'll finish soon.
2. A pair of socks, only one done (of course!) and once I have my shawlette done I'm going to tackle these.
3. Finally, I have the log cabin blanket for the little man. I haven't worked on this in a few months but it's a long term project so I'm going to just work on this a little at a time.

I've also finished all of the blocks for the little man's quilt. Now I just need to sew them together and put the quilt together! I just need to find the time. Maybe, this week I'll get a chance to sew the top together.

Here's hoping 2013 is as productive. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment