Pages

Wednesday, 27 June 2012

On this day .....

.... 3 years ago, I married my best friend. Over those 3 years we've had ups and downs, sad times and happy times. Thankfully the ups outnumber the downs and we've had many more happy times than sad ones. For the last 3 years (and for the almost 5 years before) he has been my rock, my second self and my better half. He has held me while I cried through two of the hardest, most heartbreaking times we've had together and he has made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt and tears ran down my face. He is a wonderful husband and an amazing father to our little man. If it's possible, I love him even more now than on that beautiful day 3 years ago. 


So my darling, happy 3rd wedding anniversary! Here's to many more years together.






Now you feel no rain, for each of you will be a shelter to the other. 
Now you feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other.
Now there is no loneliness, for each of you will be a companion to the other.
You are two bodies, but there is one life before you and one home.
When evening falls look up and there the other will be.
Take each others hands and turn together
to look at the road you have travelled to reach this: the hour of your happiness.
It stretches behind you, even as the future lies ahead.
A long and winding road, who’s every turning means discovery.
Old hopes, new laughter, shared fears.
The adventure has just begun....... 

1 comment: