Pages

Friday, 29 June 2012

At it again

There's another swap over on the Itty Bitty Knitters group that I'm taking part in (surprise, surprise!). This time incorporating a lamb and some Jelly Babies/Beans.  My parcel is pretty much done. I just need to buy some goodies and finish knitting my lamb. To add to the parcel, I designed two dishcloths/washcloths. There are plenty of sheep/lamb washcloths on Ravelry but I thought making a design up myself would be a nice personal touch. Here they are, the Spring Lamb washcloth and the Sheep washclothThey are both quick knits and take less than 50 m of cotton yarn. In fact, I got both of these out of one ball of Rico Design Creative Cotton (85 m in 50 g) with a bit left over.





I mention a mystery KAL I am taking part in a little while back. Well all the clues have now been released and I'm way behind. Poor Benny is still missing a leg, his head, ears and tail. I know what he is now but I won't spoil the surprise just yet. I could have cut the yarn so that the colour repeats would match on the limbs but I thought I'd leave it a bit random and I like how it's turning out. Hopefully, little Benny will get finished over the next few weeks.


Finally, I thought I'd share this cool photo with you. 

(photo courtesy of Pat Salvatini)

Back in May, I mentioned that Pat (plynn) was helping out at a baby shower for military moms-to-be. She volunteered to make 40 pairs of socks/booties for the gift baskets and asked us for help. Well this photo is the result. In total 49 pairs (one didn't make it into the photo) of socks/booties were knitted and sent to Pat and I think there may be one or two more on the way. There are 36 gift baskets to fill and the extra pairs are being used as raffle prizes. Isn't it wonderful what a group of knitters can achieve?


No comments:

Post a Comment