Pages

Thursday, 31 May 2012

Patchwork Socks, Sunshine and Rainbows

I've finished my patchwork socks for Susan's sock-a-long!! I love them. They kinda match which I like but there's also enough difference between to two to make them funky, which I also like, :) I finished them on Sunday sitting in my back garden enjoying the sunshine and warm weather which is so rare in Ireland. There were lots of ends to weave in but they were worth the extra work.



And with the help of my sister in law E, I got a photo of the finished pair.


I'm now on a bit of a sock buzz and up next is a pair of Hermione's Everyday Socks. I'm using Knit Picks Handpainted Stroll in the colourway Cartoons (isn't that just a great name!). The colours are so bright and cheerful and remind me of Rainbow Brite so these will be my Rainbow Brite's everyday socks instead :).



Last week, I was nominated by the lovely Rae Lynne for the Sunshine award. I was so surprised that I was nominated. Thanks Rae Lynne you are just so sweet. In return, I get to nominate others.

First up, there are some rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.  - I've done this but thanks again Rae Lynne
2. Answer the 10 questions on your favourite things.
3. Nominate 10 blogs to receive the Sunshine Award and et them know they've been nominated.

1. Favourite animal: Cat! I've two and just love them.
2. Favourite number: I've never really thought about that but I think 6.
3. Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Tea - I think I may be thrown out of Ireland if I didn't like tea ;).
4. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook, I just don't get Twitter.
5. My passion: Knitting but I'm also loving the process of making a quilt.
6. Getting or Giving: Definitely giving. I love picking out something perfect for a person.
7. Favourite Pattern: I don't think I have a favourite, it changes all the time. I love Susan B. Anderson's patterns, particularly Giraffe. I also love JacobusKate Davies has some amazing designs too.
8. Favourite day of the week: Friday night - work is finished for the week and I can relax for a while. I'm on maternity leave now and with an 8 month old that precious time for relaxing is even more enjoyable now.
9. Favourite flower: At the moment, honeysuckle. I have some growing along the wall in my garden and in the evening when you open the door to go out to the back garden the scent is just amazing.
10. Favourite country: Without a doubt Italy. Himself and I went there for our honeymoon and I really want to go back again.

Nominated Blogs:
I won't reach 10 but these are the blogs I read regularly -

1. Playing with Fi(b)re - this is my SIL's blog
2. Useful Hands and Heart - Debby's blog
3. Raili's blog Fairytale Knits
4. Jill's blog Sauceyjill
5. Adams in the North - Andrea has 2 of the cutest girls, here youngest is about 5 months younger than little man.


Ok that was a really extra long post!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment